Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 365 - Page 365 | FINAL DAY!


Well, well, well. Here we are at last. The final page.
You see, I was going to color it, but none of the shapes were working so i just decided to leave it black and white. Looks great, though, doesn't it?
I put a slight gradient over it to give it that "cool look." I've been doing that a lot lately.
You'll notice that every character I've ever made is there, (uh, sort of).
But uh, anyway let's get on to...


Ooops! Heh heh! I forgot to shade. Oh whatever, it still looks awesome tho! ;P


I was going for a cool kind of "sketch-y" look with this final page.
I think I achieved it pretty well.



Ahh, isn't it great? All-in-all, a great ending to Page a Day. :)

-- Tsitra563.













Did I fool you?

No?

Ah well. Here's the REAL final page.


This is a bittersweet ending to Page a Day.
On one hand, I'm sad to let all these characters go with that lame last line.
On the other hand, I'm glad to finally not have to draw those guys over and over, it gets really tedious.
However, I do have good news! Rock Paper Scissors was sold to Marvel and will be appearing his own monthly comic. This time, he'll be drawn by the amazingly talented-- I'm kidding.
However, I do have plans for that character. :)

Ahem, to honor this Outstanding Achievement, I've prepared a little video.
(Actually, I prepared it only a hundred or so pages in, but what the heck).


Oh yes, and those cards I made? I'm thinking about updating them. Please vote in the poll to your left whether or not you want me to make all of them. :)





One last thing before we get to the various sections, I created a three dimensional Lightning Bug a while ago, and now's the perfect time to show him off!





Yay! Anyway, on to The Age Old Debate...







Remember these guys?
I'm still hoping to do a comic with them in it, but I'll be pretty exhausted from drawing and writing 365 pages, so I'll probably spend at least half the year doing nothing but this other comic I'm going to be doing with my friend-- which is a small, 25+ page thing that'll be pretty easy, (hopefully).

Anyway, I'm not sure these guys will be able to fit into to my busy schedule so I'm putting these drawings in a drawer and saving them till later.
However, I'm pretty excited about a new prospect, which is about a ghosthunter. :)
So, summing it up, not sure if these guys will be in my new schedule, but SOMETHING will.

Also, about publishing the comic, there are quite a few consistency errors, mistakes, and other things that I'm dying to get my hands on, and I won't allow myself to publish this comic as an e-book or anything until I've fixed all the mistakes and plot holes.

I will announce the publication of this comic, (if it ever happens), on this blog. :)


The shading on this page had to be above average. After all, it's the last page!
So I pushed myself to shade every little thing, and believe me, it was worth it.

However, I'm kind of disappointed. For some reason, this page didn't stand out to me. Maybe that's a good thing. After all, who wants a glossy, over-the-top, light show with fireworks and confetti?
Maybe it's fine the way it is.


I applied a light gradient over the whole page, (like I mentioned in my little joke up above), to give it some visual flair. I used the surface shader in Corel Painter X.



And a look at the very first page...


Well, here we are at the end.
There's nothing more to say.

See you around next year!

- Tsitra563.