Thursday, March 28, 2013

What Now

Lightning Bug as drawn by me now

It's been two years since I drew pages 87 and 88 of the Page a Day Comic. In those pages, Zach and Lightning Bug are pursued by a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Much like a dinosaur, this comic is huge and old. A lot has happened since I penned, scanned, colored, shaded and wrote every page.
For instance, I've adopted yet another shading technique. I now print out my scan of the penciled pages,  and draw the shading with a marker, fitting it to the pencils in the computer afterwords. This allows me much more control over the shading, and makes it a lot easier. I also tend to put outlines around my characters now, as you can see from the above image.

Lightning Bug is still my favorite character. I think he's probably the easiest to write, other then Zach.
I've been thinking a bit about this comic recently. I think it might be fun to do a few spin off short comic pieces on some of the more obscure characters, like the robbers, or White Skull, who never got a chance to explain their backstories.

When I read it now, the first part makes me cringe. It gets a little better with the second part. But I know that if I tried to do the exact same thing now I'd probably have a few lousy days too, so there you go.

Anyway, I was going to write a post where I showed off the characters drawn in a "realistic" way, but I lost the drawings I did for the post. Oh well, maybe I'll find them some day.

As for my comic about thieves, I didn't have much motivation after this behemoth and so dropped the project. But I am still making comics!
I started up this comics company here: http://obliteratedcomics.blogspot.com/

It's going pretty well.
Well, that's basically all I wanted to say for a recap post.
You can check for further updates if you want, but chances are I probably won't be getting around to the spinoffs any time soon. You never know though!

-- Tsitra563.