Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 99 - Page 99


Oh. My. God. Are we already at PAGE NINETY-NINE!?

Well, this sort of thing needs a special post. So here is the best I can do at this point.



There isn't too much to see with the Bare Bones, except a really high quality image, I'm afraid.

The layout of the panels is a nod to my first page, which looked like this:


Now next to this one:


That format was completely made up by me. I couldn't find it in the default layouts in Comic Life.

There is something else I've been holding back for 98 pages, but I'll let it be held back one more day for the 100th page. Lets go on to something you haven't seen in a while:


I love the shading on this page, especially Thumbs-Up Man's hair. Did you catch that? Look at it again.
I just love that. Anyway, enough useless blathering.

On to...
OMG! Why did you mess up the 99th page?!?!?
Well, SOR-REE, nobody's perfect.
Anyway the only mistake was this small thing here:


It's in the second panel, by the way. What's the mistake, you ask?
I just think his eyes look a little odd. I know, I know, stupid mistake, right?
Well, no, because you didn't notice it. So ha ha ha.


Ever wanted to know how I do those extended bubbles?
These things, by the way if you don't know what I'm talking about:


By the way, aren't those lines epic? Ahem. Anyway, so I found out how to do those, like the bold words, (which I will get to in a second), fairly late in making this comic. I had, in fact practically no experience whatsoever with Comic Life previously. So anyway, this is it, it's a small button at the end of the control panel. Drag it onto the ballon you want to extend, and that's it! :D


At first I ignored it, but one day I was messing around and found out what it did. Pretty sweet, huh?

Okay, one last thing before I go for today: Bold letters. Ever want to make you comic look awesome, just like the Marvel comics and stuff?
Well, bold letters make it look PROFESSIONAL!

Here's how to do it.

1. Select the word you want to make bold.


2. Go to the Details panel in the sidebar and select "Choose" under the "Font" part of it.


3. The font thing will come up. Select "Bold." (If you are working with a different typeface then the default this may not work, so be sure to stick with the default, just in case).


4. IT'S NOW BOLD! :D


Anyway, this has been a horribly long post, so sorry, but I really needed to spill the beans on all these features. It's been inside me for four months and eight days!

-- Tsitra563